82 Lynn Street, Peabody, MA 01960
We stand behind our reputation and will continue to serve our community with the values instilled by our funeral directors.
As of May 16, 2000, Peabody’s two largest funeral homes, Conway Funeral Home and Cahill-Brodeur Funeral Home, merged into a newly created firm called Conway, Cahill-Brodeur Funeral Home, LLC. The two funeral homes see their merger as a way to ensure that their business remains a “family” business. “The Conway, Cahill and Brodeur families have been helping people bury their loved ones for over a century,” says Philip Conway. “And we have always had the greatest respect for one another. Combining our efforts and working together as one is a natural progression. The merger allows us to keep the focus where it should be, on the families we serve.” According to Ben Brodeur, “Our families should notice little outward change. The real difference comes in our ability to provide them with even more personal, immediate attention and professional services.”
In 2006, our newest facility opened at 82 Lynn Street in South Peabody. Our 20 Church Street downtown facility will remain opened so that we may offer the families we presently serve and have served in the past with a choice of locations. Our 82 Lynn Street facility will also enable us to provide a service to families from the Lynnfield and Lynn areas.
Our History – In 1894 Francis L. Conway founded the Conway Funeral Home. Mr. Conway began his business at 13 Lowell St., it later moved to 25 Foster St. As home wakes became less common, and the need for a larger space became clear, the funeral home moved to 12 Chestnut St. Upon his death in 1936, Francis Conway left the business in the hands of sons Leonard and Philip. Following in his father’s, uncle’s and grandfather’s footsteps, current proprietor Francis L. Conway entered funeral service, as did his sons Philip and Kevin.
Cahill-Brodeur Funeral Home was founded in 1911 by Patrick M. Cahill, an orphan and leather factory worker who later served on the school committee and as city treasurer. The business opened on Foster St. and moved to its current location on Church St. next to St. John the Baptist Church. At one time the funeral home had served as the parish rectory. In 1939 Pat Cahill was joined by his son, Frank L. Cahill, and the name soon changed to P.M. Cahill & Son Funeral Home. Frank Cahill sold the funeral home in 1983 to Benoit (Ben) and Maureen Brodeur of Salem. Mr. Cahill continued to stay active in the business, and was a familiar face to all those who have visited 20 Church St. Mr. Cahill 86 years passed away on December 30, 2004.